Question

lstimp

Can adding my son as an authorized user on my credit cards raise his credit score or lower mine?

Most Helpful Response

I was recently added as an authorized user and it actually raised my credit score, but from what I understand this doesn't always happen but it is worth a shot as long as your son doesn't misuse the card.

I've looked this up before and found that they don't report on authorized users' credit reports anymore so I don't think it will help his. If he misuses the card, that will lower yours, but other than that I don't think it will hurt. They could also try to go after him if you misuse the card.

Add yourself on as an authorized user to an existing credit account with a good score. Tried and proven! 

Added as authorized user

My partner added my name on to his credit card because when we travel, I need to get the car, and I make purchases for our household on it - but when my name was provided, my ss# was never asked - and now it is showing up on my credit report. How does this happen - you add a name, no SS# and it shows up?  Seems rife for errors!

alambert329

they go by known associates so if you have the same address that is how that happened