Question

ChrisTK

Can a score really go up almost 80 points?
So a few months ago I got hit by collections and my credit score went from almost 600 (I am just building credit and I'm young) to around 530-550. I just checked and a few days ago I had the same collections thing "pulled" from my accounts, resulting in the scores jumped to 640-656.

While I am happy as all hell to see this, I am skeptical. Is this real at all? To see it suddenly pulled? I never paid off any of it too, I simply returned the books (library, bite me) and called it a day. I am paying off my CC bill as I should and steadily rebuilding my score from that painful hit. I have been lowering the amount of the CC too. Even so, is this unrealistic and something is wrong or perfectly normal?

Scores can really move around, especially when a collection is added or removed. Hopefully this collection will stay gone, but it could have been sold to a different debt collector and could reappear. You mention that the collection is for books? If so and you returned the books, maybe the collection will be gone forever. Keep reading all that you can on credit as there is a lot to know. Once you develop FICO scores, keep an eye on them to. Make sure that you are doing all that you can to build credit by having active accounts in good standing. Don't use the credit card for anything that you don't have the cash to pay it right off with.