Question

ChilisDad

Can a property management company be compelled to report monthly payments?
I pay a property management company $2,150 per month for a rental property. I asked them to report the payments, but they say they don't do that. How can I get 'credit' for making on-time payments every month for (now) more than two years?

No, absolutely not. There are no laws that force a lender to report to the credit bureaus. I am sorry, but there is no way to get credit for your payments to this company.

Move to new apartment

Find an apartment managed by a large corporation with properties in several states.  These are much more likely to report rental payment history.  I just signed a lease and it said I "agreed" they could report my rental payment history to credit bureaus.  But that does't REQUIRE them to so.