Question

Posted in Taxes

murry123

can a paid ohio state tax lien be removed from your credit report

Good Luck

I have been trying to find out a good answer to that question for a while.  I'm in Ohio, have several liens that are paid and show as "released."  I disputed it with Equifax and had it removed.  No luck with Transunion.  It seems that it is "public record" for 7 years (at least).  I am wondering if it can be "expunged" from the public record.  My research was inconclusive on whether tax liens in Ohio are eligible for expungement. 
​Please update me if you have further info you have learned.