Question

purdylady23

can a hard credit inquiry effect my credit score even if it was just a quote?
I went to go to tmobile to check out the plans, b7y the end i wasnt feeling it and decided to stick to my current provider. Well tmobile ran my credit and now it says theres been a 'hard credit inquiry added' they dont have my account info or anything I just want to make sure thats not effecting my credit score and if so how can I fix that?? Please and thank you!

It IS affeting your score. You specifically have to give authoriszation to someone for them to pull your credit (unless you already have a relationship with them.) You must have given them some authorization somehow. Go back to the store and demand to see your signature on the document that authorized them to run your credit. If they cannot produce it then you have reason to dispute the item with the credit bureaus.