Question

Texasgirl94

Can a Debt Collector Come After Me If I Never Got a Bill?
I have a debt from an old apartment that was sent to collections but I never received a bill before hand. It is now hurting my credit. Is that legal?

In most cases, yes this is legal. If it were illegal, many people would just throw their bills away and say that they never received them. I advise you to do some reading on "pay for delete agreements" and maybe try to go that route to get rid of this. You should also read about "debt validation letters" and "disputing collection accounts". Also familiarize yourself with FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act).