Question

Mandi0911

Can a dealership keep charging me for the car once it's been returned?
I purchased a car from drive time also know as bridgecrest, I can no longer afford the car payments due to losing my job, I want to return the vehicle but I do not want to have to keep paying for it when I no longer own it.

Most likely the following would occur: a voluntary repossession will be added to your credit reports which will hurt your credit. The car will be either auctioned or resold and you will be responsible for the difference between the amount they get and the amount that you owe. You cannot just buy cars drive them and then take them back and expect all to be well. You should try to sell the vehicle for the amount owed. Can you find another job? That would probably be very helpful to your situation as well, in case that you cannot get the payoff amount for the car when you sell it, you would have to come up with the difference.