Question

NIMB

Can a creditor who is also my insurer deny payment or refuse claim on unrelated renters policy?
Can USAA who I used to have a Credit Card with and am currently delinquent on but still have a renter's insurance policy with deny or refuse to pay part or all of an unrelated renters insurance claim? I was violently attacked and robbed in my home in June 2016 and since then USAA has posted 5 alerts to my TransUnion credit report and all of them seem to coincide with times ive sent them documentation or other information they needed to process my renters insurance claim. They posted Alerts immediately after I filed the claim in June, again in August, then twice 2 days apart in Sept. and again this morning. I can't imagine this is a coincidence and it seems like they are punishing me and withholding a legitimate insurance claim over an unpaid credit card bill. Is that even legal? Please help. I have no idea what to do.

Clarification

Clarification - All of my Renter's insurance policy payments were and are current and not late ever.

Probably not...

The two divisions are different, and insurers operate under a rather strict set of regulations (which vary by state). You may want to ask a lawyer local to you for advice (it'll likely cost a little, but worth it in the long run, even if only to prevent you from continuing to operate without enough information to do anything with.)

Have you tried contacting USAA's renter insurance division? Is the claim amount large enough to get a lawyer involved? (and is the claim amount larger than the amount you're delinquent on?)

Also, are those "alerts" derogatory or not?