Question

rebuilding0

Can a creditor continue to report on a charged off/closed account after a bankruptcy?
I have several old creditors that have the 'last reported date' on closed accounts as of a month ago (2014) when my bankruptcy was almost 5 years ago. Is this legal? I know bankruptcies last 10 years on a credit report, is it the same length of time for remarks and for closed accounts? When do closed accounts drop off?

house buying after bankrupcty

Can I buy a home after bankrupcty

although those accounts were included in your bankruptcy, and do typically remain on your credit report for up to 7 years, it should also display on those accounts somewhere that they have been discharged in bankruptcy.  If they do not I would most certainly dispute them.  In my experience after filing, most of the creditors just removed their accounts completely from my reports.

Most Helpful Response

Those accounts were part of your credit history at the time you filed bankruptcy and would still be on your credit reports because 7.5 years is the usual time frame for accounts to fall off your reports. You still have a little while to go.  Filing a bankruptcy cannot erase your credit history.

Closed Credit Cards

Once your accounts is closed how long should it stay on your report

Charged off credit cards

I continue to pay small amounts on my charged off credit cards.  I know i am responsible for these balances but what happens if I stop paying these charged off accounts. ??

Typically will the credit card company send out a 1099 on the balance owed??

Auto refinance on new car loan

So u know if u can add an old auto loan on to a new auto loan so can get out of a bad loan agreement

Late payment

Te bakruptcy court made late payments on my mortgage and it shows on my credit report. The court garnished my wages so they had the money on time but paid the bank late several times. When will those late pYments come off or can I ask the bank to take them off. All other adverse reports have come off as it has been over eight years since I filed

hd6807

I am interested in your solution as i have the same situation and they have told me that is the way they report regardless of who is paying the bill.  i thought chapter 13 was protected by this??

Usually closed accounts, whether included in bankruptcy or not, remain on your credit reports for 7.5 years.  They are part of your credit history and must remain for that period.  Bankruptcy never eliminates this reporting period. 

MasterGodEmperor

Bad reports can be generated by an enemy just for spite. Since this is true, fight all bad reports on your credit, even when legitimate. 

The internet is a powerful tool, easily used for evil, so let anyone who says you owe them nothing a fight,

Sears Roebuck was in my bankruptsy cap 7 and 13 and finished the payments very good,the others account get off my credit report,why Sears continue in inquiries ,dont understand what happen with this company.