Question

boazpirate

can a credit report have "in collections" removed after the collection co has been paid off
I have 3 doctor's bills that went to collections and had been reported on my credit report. The bills are now paid off but still show on my credit report. Can they be removed from the credit report and, if so, how?

Most Helpful Response

yes they can! but you have to prove that you paid the debt... do you have reciepts? if you don't have any reciepts did you pay it through a debit or credit card? if so look for the statement that proves you made payments to that specific collection accnt or its original creditor. fax the information your disputing to experian equifax or transunion.. whoever the collection is reporting to.. then the agents in the bureau will look into this matter and fix the problem. once they have figured what is correct in your file they will send you information  via postal mail regarding what they had done to resolve the dispute.  it doesn't take one night to fix this problem, so keep in mind it may take a month or two before this problem is resolved.  but you will hear back from the bureaus no matter what. 

TransUnion clear - but CreditKarma not

I just spoke with a collections agency that was pd off (a measily 80.00 that I am still disputing) and it was reported PAID the end of August 2013.  CreditKarma is still showing it in collections.  The Collection agency says they have this problem all the time with CreditKarma.  It shows paid in full on all 3 major credit reports including TRANSUNION which is what shows on CreditKarma.  How do I get it off my CreditKarma account????????????

terryp901

yes same here a collection was paid off but still shows on

credit karma