Question

cluelessaboutcredit

Can a Credit Card Report a debt after there is already a judgement against me?
I have a $950 dollar judgement against me for a credit card that I just found out about recently while trying to purchase a home. This Judgement was made against me while I wasn't in the country. I was in Iraq at the time. In addition to this the same credit card company is reporting the same account that there is already a judgement against me for, but their second reporting shows I owe $1900 due to accumulated interest.

My first question is legally if I was never served with paperwork and I was out of the country can I fight the judgement?

My second question is if the judgement will stand regardless of never having an opportunity to fight my case is it legal for them to have a second reporting on my credit report for the same debt the judgement is for?

My last question is if they are allowed to report both of these on my credit report even though they are for the same account what is the best way to deal with this?

If I pay the judgement will I still have to pay the second thing they have reported, or will both have to be removed from my credit report? Should I deal with the judgement first, and then contact the credit card company?

Is this YOUR card?  If so, who was using it?  If it is not your card, get all three credit reports from annualcreditreport.com and check them over thoroughly, filing disputes on all wrong information.  You do not want to pay anything until you are popsitive the account is actually yours.  Check with your command legal office because you could be saved by Soldier's and Sailors Civil Relief Act. Your deployment gives you some possible leverage in this situation.  Check it out before proceeding further.