Question

ezzy0325

Can a cosigner have poor credit to help get an auto loan
Trying to get approved for auto loan my father was approved for a brand new auto loan but his credit is not great and wanted to know if he consigns me to get one for me would he be able too?

Depends if his score is good enough

Different lenders have their own requirements and usually they don't want someone who has bad credit. Check to see if your fathers credit score would be accepted by the lender...

ezzy0325

Yes I understand that but he just got approved for an 47 thousand dollar car but when we look at his credit it is in the low or mid 6s and the car he was approved for is brand new so I was wondering would it be a problem for it too work for  me using him

Well it might

If he applies for something else too soon it might work since it hasn't hit his credit report yet. Honestly I think it should if he is in the 600's. It's best to find out what the dealerships look for when approving loans, since none are ever identical. Good luck to you...