Question

RandiDandi83

Can a company report your account as a charge off every month (24 months in a row)?
In my credit summary it is saying I having 5 accounts listed as newly charged off and 7 accounts that are showing late within the last 2 years. In actuality the old accounts haven't been touched in 5 years because we are rebuilding after a divorce. In the attempt to rebuild I opened 3 loans, over 2 years, and have paid them on time every month. In summation, the old accounts are showing up as new. When a creditor pulls my credit it appears as if I have new charge offs and I also believe this is keeping my score low.Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Unfortunately, yes they can. The only way you may prevent this is to ask them to stop updating it in exchange for your payment in full.