Question

rothster

Can a collection agency create a negative trade line on my CR without notifying me first?
I just received an email notification from crediscore.com that ENHANCED RECOVERY placed a collection of $75 from 1/1/2015. They never notified me via phone call or write to me before creating the negative trade line on my CR. Is that legal? It is an incorrect marker and I plan to dispute, I am just shocked that they would just add negative information without any attempt to contact me first.

Make sure that you are being legit when disputing. Write a letter to the Credit Bureau reporting this collections and ask them to validate the debt. Also indicate that you were unaware of such debt. They will require proof from them that must be presented within 30 days of you asking them to look into this matter. If they do not comply; by law it must be removed from your credit file even if you owe the debt or not. Just be careful of phone calls and response letters once the investigation begins. They will try to get you to agree that you owe that debt......