Question

immissgrits

Can a bank Loan Officer pull my credit report ANYTIME w/o my knowledge or permission?
I filed bankruptcy 3+ yrs ago. I received a letter from my bank - "after reviewing my credit report, my overdraft protection services are now cancelled". I have not applied for anything & have no idea why she randomly pulled my report. Doesn't it affect my score every time my report is pulled? Is there anything I can do about her randomly pulling my score? I have worked hard at regaining credit & it is very disturbing that I have been singled out 3 yrs after the fact! I HATE that heifer and only have a checking account which I will gladly close after I use the latest purchase of checks! Why would she just randomly pull my score?

It may have just been a soft inquiry which does not damage your credit. Soft inquiries are often done by lending companies on a regular basis to see what is going on with their customers credit profile. Unless it was a hard inquiry (which I doubt it was) there is really nothing out of the ordinary here, it happens all of the time and you most likely agreed to it when you opened the account. While it may feel like you've been singled out, you really have not, they do this with all customers that have any type of credit line (which was your overdraft protection). Still sucks though I understand and I wouldn't be happy about it either.