Question

Yas22

Called collection company to pay 3 accounts sent to collection. They cant find my case?
Ive been sent to collection for 3 credit cards. They are all owned by the same bank. The bank sent me to collection a third party collection- i called the collection agency- which is the agency it shows on my report they said they cant locate me? And that they will check every 3days and see if i come up. If
I do they will call me and for me to feel free to call them. This is new to me i called to pay it off. It had been 1 year and its less than $2000 owed. Im confused. Is it normal for them not to be able to locate me even though they have called me so many times in the past ?

It would help if you read the articles here to understand how credit works, what the statute of limitations on collections is and how to negotiate a 'pay for delete' agreement.  And it is mnever a good idea to call a collection agency since the "phone drones" who answer follow a scsrikpt and

Is it possible that they sold the account to another debt collection company? I would dispute the account that this company shows on your credit reports. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites with instructions on how to dispute accounts. If this doesn't work or if a new account from a different collection company pops up on your reports, try to get a "pay for delete agreement" as you want the collections removed rather than just marked as paid for the greatest benefit to yourself.