Question

im4everjyoung

California - cc account last date pd 4+ years. collections agency bought, can i removed from report?
if the statute of limitations say that i am no longer liable to pay an old credit card debt past 4 years, can i request to have the collections agency removed from my credit report? it makes no sense for it to be on my report since the account is closed and non active and past the statute of limitations. please advise.

You're talking about two different time lines.  The 4 years is the length of time a creditor has to bring suit against you, which is the statute of limitations and it varies from state to state.  This has nothing to do with your credit report.  Per FCRA, accounts can stay on your credit report:  If  UNPAID collection account, it can stay on your record for 7 years from the date it first went delinquent.  If PAID, it stays on 7 years from the date it is paid, UNLESS you get a "pay per delete" agreement in writing prior to paying it off.  Lots of folks get confused about this.

Last Reported Date

Hello, so I had a verizon account that I owed on from 2011. Verizon closed the account in 2014. The account was marked as "placed for collection" which I inderstand they wrote it off and sold to a collection agency, but what I don't get is the fact that the last reported date is December 31, 2015. Does that mean the 7 year time limit starts from Dec 2015 or from the original opened date?