Question

TimMyth

Calculating what my score *should* be?
Is there a service that can simulate my credit score? Using the credit score simulator her at creditkarma has never worked. For example, whn I set the slider to 24 months of on-time payments, my credit score goes down...one would think that making payments on-time would be a good thing...

Some background: When my ex-wife and I got divorced, she got the house even though the mortgage was only in my name. She agreed to refinance the house. She did not. Instead, she has made nearly every payment late. This has of course destroyed my credit rating because the mortgage is only in my name. The mortgage company will not remove the late payment reports from my credit report because it is my name on the mortgage. I understand this. My attorney states that I cannot sue her for damaging my credit rating without having some kind of dollar figure showing damages. However, in order to calculate a dollar figure, I first have to know what my credit score *would* be if it didn't have so many derogatory remarks for late mortgage payments. Then I can take that credit rating and show that I *should* have qualified for a better interest rate on various loans. This will then give me a dollar figure that I can use to show damages.

What I am hoping you guys can do is tell me what my credit score would be if not for all the missed mortgage payments or refer me to someone who can. When I search for phrases like "credit evaluation" I only see colleges that talk about the transfer of credits from other colleges, and obviously that is the wrong kind of "credit".

And yes, I have taken her to court over the house several times. She has been ordered to sell the house twice. She still hasn't sold. I have even asked the court to find her in contempt. They have agreed that she is not doing as she is told, but the judge hasn't imposed any penalty as of yet (besides ordering her to sell the house).

I would do the following

The house is still in your name,  

Put the House of for Sale,  sell the house give her the money.

then it's over.