Question

1negativeleft

By paying the OC in full, will the CA stop reporting and delete derogatory?
OC is Comcast. CA is Enhanced Recovery. Debt is valid. Comcast said I can pay them. Negative is reported by Enhanced

Most Helpful Response

Comcast does not usually sell their accounts, they merely assign them.  The figure sooner or later, you'll be back.  (Nice thing about a monopoly on service).  Enhanced does not have to retract the recovery from the credit file.   When you talk to comcast you'll need to discuss your desire for it to be deleted.  If they are willing, then it can be withdrawn by Ehanced as Comcast was paid, thus Enhanced has nothing to collect and no collection.   This is only if Comcrap agrees.

faidros

I meant, only if Comcast agrees.

1negativeleft

Thanks! My plan is to pay it off in the next few weeks get a physical receipt and send to bureaus....again and again and ERC, dispute it and crawl thru glass if I have to, to get this deleted. When first talked to Comcrap :) she said they wouldnt delete just post as paid. But she's just CSR. I read a post where people had more luck going higher up. I'll update after I pay. I think I should talk to a supervisor before paying. I need this gone

Paid Comcast in full. They said account will update in 24-48 hours and will delete from credit report within 30 days. Verbal promise not in writing. Had her repeat clarify and check to make certain. Now I wait

Marked as paid

Showing as closed on Transunion waiting for Equifax. I'd like it removed but at least my score went up 45 points! Worth it to pay them off

1negativeleft

Done! They reported it as paid and closed. I would like it to disappear but I am happy it's over. They kept their word. Better going through original creditor. Collection agencies are run by two year olds with no professionalism.

Called ERC told them I paid Comcast and the guy hung up on me! Then I went to Comcast and got a physical receipt and asked for a deletion. The CSR was for sure it would be deleted in 30 days. Ugh the waiting kills me. Should I send receipt to the beaureus now or wait til 30 days expires in a week?