Question

texaz56

Buying a new car. Should I pay cash?
I have some money from my husband's life insurance saved back to buy a new car. My credit score is 800+. I think I could get a better deal if I pay cash up front. But, I also plan to move to another state in the next few years, so I will be selling and buying a new home. Which would help me get a good deal on a house loan? Paying cash for the car, or paying it off slowly using the insurance money? I am retired and on a fixed income, which might affect my future home loan. I have $80,000+ in a good interest paying savings account in case an emergency comes up. I'm just really trying to decide what would be better for my future home buying.

Cash, you want to keep your monthly budget/ expenses and minimum as possible especially with a "fixed" income....  Not only that; but paying cash for a car will give you total control over your negotiating ability, you'd proabably be able to buy the car you want for $1,000's of dollars less than you would if you financed it. Skip the sales rep and ask for a manager. Less mark up for a sales commission...