Question

Imdavebtw

Buying a new car at 19 yrs old 580 credit score
Hi I am saving up about $2000 to put a down payment down on a 2016 subar WRX and was wondering if that score is really looked at and if it defines if I can get the car or not. I understand I'll be paying about 400 a month plus 350 for insurance. I also get that interest rates will be about 20% which I'm okay with this I make enough money to support it. Take into consideration I'm 19 and responsible but I just applied for a credit card. I have a credit score of 580 because I guess my debit card.

19 and 580

Even with 2k down I would advise against it due to your age and low credit score. highly unlikely you would get approved from any lender for a 2016 vehicle.  You would just take another hit to your score. I would either use that 2k to buy from a private owner or go to a 2nd rate used car lot and get financed from them to improve your score. 

Please be advised that, at your age, the insurance rates will be very high, especially on newer cars.  Start off with a decent used car and con[tinue working to build your credit so that you may shortly be able to buy a brand new car with little down and at a low interest rate.  Took me a long time to be able to do that but ijt's a thrill!