Question

RyanM86

Buying a House and a Car....?
I want to buy a Family Car and starter home in a few months. I need the family car more but with the market I'd like to get into a house now when everything is so low. I qualify for VA loans and I know I can make the financial payments of both the car and house. I also have a Career Starter loan with USAA and that is the only real debt that I have. I make 450/mo payments there. I have a credit score in the low 700's. Should I even apply for both, or should I wait for the house another year or so...? If I get denied it'll hurt my Credit Score, definitely don't want that.

Most Helpful Response

Don't get in financial bind!!

I'd suggest getting a family car first (recommend one that is between 1 1/2 or 2 years old for best value because someone else "ate" the depreciation and there are about 10 good years left on that car) and putting any extra monies aside in savings towards the house.  You really don't want too many large loan payments at one time or you'll really hurt yourself!!

FYI- I'm a veteran, too.  Hope this helps.