Question

displayName

Buying a car. Take loan or make full payment?
I'm planning to buy a car. I can request a credit limit increase on my credit card and buy the car from my card. I have enough with me in my account and can pay off the card with the money that I have in my account immediately.

However, I can also apply for a loan and pay off that loan in EMIs over an year (or over 6 months etc).

My current FICO score is 765.

My question: What is more advantageous for my credit score? Buying the car in one go OR buying the car in EMIs?

From what you described? I don't think neither way is going to be advantageous to your scores...

-

Paying with credit card --- You would need to find some dealerships willing to let you pay it with CC first and they might ask you to pay the swip fee (3%~ish?) but it might evens out a bit if your CC have decent reward program, you scores might drop from high(er) utilizations. 

-

Paying it with a loan --- Usually when you get a loan? It would add to your account mix category, therefore boost your score, but whenever the loan is paid off, your score will take a hit, some have reported their scores dropped 30~50 points after their loan was paid. So in your case by paying it off in such short time? Your scores won't enjoy the benefit of account mix long enough to offsets the inquiries, new account and high balance hits.