Question

GlC13

buying a car on this credit score
I just checked my fico score and my experian is 618, transunion 750 and equifax is 631. Which will the dealer use if I choose to purchase a new vehicle and are this good enough to get a new vehicle? also why are they so different from what creditkarma says I have?

Most Helpful Response

The credit scores are different because they are different scoring models.

Check around to find an auto lender that pulls Transunion to get the best rate, the finance guy at the dealership will usually know which bureaus the lenders pull. You said that the scores you provided were FICO, but you didn't say what version. There are many different versions in addition to the general score that FICO gives, many auto lenders will use an "auto score".

Keep in mind that more goes into it than just your scores, your overall credit profile is just as important. If you have to, go to a dealership that advertises to approve all, because they will work with lenders for all different credit situations.