Question

JonSmith88

Building Score With Credit Cards Continuing
I have 6 credit cards all now at $0 balance and I've been watching my score reflect it but it doesn't keep going up. How do I continue this trend?

I'm told to keep balance below 10% and I usually do but my score doesn't reflect it just went up the one time. How do I keep it growing?

I have a diverse credit life $2000 ish in credit not using and my score jumped but stays at that jumped number and doesn't keep growing. What do I do from here?

I need to buy a house and get a lower interest rate on my car and pay off some bad collections still and I can't do it with my score not growing.

Will it grow over a period of time doing this or does the agencies who report my credit not keep track of my utilization? I feel like utilization helps but not for continued growth of score!!

I've had a small drop after getting an auto loan and I'm paying that on time and my credit cards on time also. Nothing new will ever hit my report because I've recently gotten serious about my credit due to raising a 18 month old little girl on my own. I'm just really trying to get out of debt so I can spoil her and provide a very good life for us.

Please help!

Collections Will Affect Credit

Collections have an adverse effect on your credit score regardless of your utilization.   Now that you have your balances at $0, focus on paying off the bad collections.  These may take 5-7 years before being removed from your credit report (there is no quick fix).  

In the meanwhile, continue to monitor your spending and credit score here.

Be patient!  You can spoil your daughter with all your love and the material things will come in due time.

I just really want to know if my credit cards remain below 10% utilization will it continue to build my score???

Take the time to read the articles on this site so you can learn how credit works and how to build your score.  This is valuable information to help you for a lifetime.  Sure did help me!!