Question

JaggedJames

Building Credit, apply for 2nd credit card?
I'm trying to build my credit to buy a house in the next year or two. I got a capitol one secured credit card for $200 for the last 4-5 months and my credit score is 712, however my credit card utilization is 79% because I had an unexpected car issue. I paid it down to %15 but it hasn't shown up on credit report yet. Should I wait to apply for another credit card until that shows? I've read 2 lines of credit is the fastest way to build up credit. Any advice?

Most Helpful Response

wait the 30 days for the utilization to reflect 15% then apply for another card like bank of america cash rewards or bank of america better balance....i'd say Cap1 since I have 2 of them as well and enjoy there service but you'd need to wait till you had the other card for 6 months....don't apply for any chase or amex cards as for the most these 2 companies require 2 years minimum of credit history