Question

ddimattia003

Build Initial Credit As German Moving to US
I have moved to the US from Germany over 3 years ago and work a well payed corporate job in the US. I rent my apartment and have had a credit card (the credit card was initially approved through my firms expatriate program) for over three years now. I have auto-pay, use my credit card frequently and have paid all bills on time.

Even after three years, I still have a "thin file" and no credit score. What is the best way to build up credit? How long does it usually take?
Thanks

Usually about 6 months of making good payments on time. It is a slow and dedicated process. Usually on a credit card or a vehicle loan.