Question

lerimes

Build credit score fast

Most Helpful Response

There really is no "quick fix" to increase your credit score with regards to a mortgage.  Mortgage brokers as opposed to a financial institution may approve you based on limited credit history but you may pay more in closing costs/origination fees.  Most underwriters want to see an established and substantial credit history to see how well you you handle credit and if upu can make your payments on time.  They also look for a good mix of credit; major credit cards (Visa,MC, etc.), department store credit cards, installment loans (auto,personal, etc) and that you aare not using more than 25-30% of your available limits.  Using more than this says that you rely too much on credit cards and could potentially use up your limits.  Remember also that the credit they do see should list you as the main borrower, not just a  co-signer or authorized user.  So, give it between 12-24 months, establish a good mix of credit, make your payments on time and be careful with your credit card balances.  Patience is a virtue and in no time you will have that mortgage!

I have excellent credit but 7 hard inquiries on my report. How do I get rid
of all the inquiries?

tg101688

Hard inquiries will stay on your credit report for 2 years.

EddyTX

To keep hard inquiries low, don't apply for new credit more that once every 6 months. specially if you are denied.    5 to 10 inquireies won't hurt you if you are getting approved, but avoid trying if you think you won't be.

also keep hard inquiries to a minimum when shopping around for a car, (every car dealer you talk to will do a credit check even if you don't get to the negotiating table, creating multiple hard inquiries.   all they need is your name and city you live in) 

Go to your bank and pre-qualify with them for an auto loan. it's also a great negotiating tool, 

Emergency>>Desperately seeking answers

I'm trying to build credit fast so I can buy a home or a building. I have two credit cards to build it and I will now keep the limits high, but keep the balance low. Someone told me to now take out a small loan to help build credit faster also. Is that true. Should my next step be to take out a loan or do something else? Also what type of loan is better to take out. Should it be a loan from the bank? Job Credit union? Furniture store? Clothing Store? Which one, and do all these entities build credit? 

EddyTX

Try to get a personal loan from a local Credit Union.   they offer the best rates for the most part and ususlly will let you pay it off early with out fee's.  If you have a Share Acct (savings) with them irtt should be easier.

In general you want 5 or 6 open credit lines. a mix of store & CC's, personal and auto loans.

for a mortgage they ususally want to see a longer credit history. 5 to 7 years unless you have a real high credit score. 

Avoid web based loans if you can as these usually have real high rates and charges.

How do i raise my score up

My score is 580 which is pretty good because it was 470, i have done well but i need to get up enough points to buy a house. How do i do that?

dispute items on your credit

How do you get a detailed report from the three credit companys so I can dispute and incorrect reports on them

mdtaylorlrim

You go to annualcreditreport.com and request a free one. If you have already gotten a free one from each of the big three then you will have to pay for one.

You may also be able to make disputues online at each of their websites although if hard copy proof of something is required you will still have to follow up somehow.

clean my creadit  and I want up score to 680 maria v sanchez my number 585 773-4396

Is there a question in that somewhere?

rydertech

Keep credit card limits high but the balances low, and try to stay away from alot of credit inqueries.