Question

DetroitMom

Budget plan with utility (not past due but income plan)
Hi, I have a budget plan with my local utility company and it shows up as

Most Helpful Response

Well that certainly doesn't make any sense. Where are you getting this information? I would pull your credit reports directly from the credit bureaus (Transunion, Equifax and Experian) and see if they deem this to be a negative account. If so, then maybe you want to get off of the budget plan, but it really does not sound right either way, so after pulling your reports and if it shows as a negative with the credit bureaus I would consider speaking to an attorney or consumer advocate group.

DetroitMom

Thanks for the reply!

It shows up on my credit reports. Its a plan that no matter the balance, its always a set amount. So the Utility Comp is reporting it as 120+ past due!! It shows payments back to 2011 and it has one month in the middle of 2011 that says 120 past due, just ONE! That must be the error. Ive never been late on this plan. I didnt set it up because I was past due. Its the plan available to anyone (with income limits of course)

On Experian its in the negative section and has this next to it: 

Status Details: By Sep 2018, this account is scheduled to go to a positive status.

Im going crazy!  Has anyone had success with good will letter to a Utility company? Im going to call tomorrow and see what customer service says! 

Sorry, hit enter too soon. 

It shows up as negative but pays on time. 

They freely set me up on budget plan, I was never past due. Why does it show negatively?