Question

rsereres

Bogus reporting of collection account
You have recently reported to my I have an account going to collections. It is Venture Finance for $2.071. I have nothad a loan for this amount and I never heard of Venture Finance. How do I handle this? Do you have a phone # to which I can talk to one of your reps?

Most Helpful Response

Get your credit reports.

This site gets information from Transunion.  However, it is the responsibility of the individual to make periodic checks of their credit reports every year to be certain all items reported are correct.

Go to freeannualreport.com and get all 3 credit reports.  Go over them thoroughly and file a dispute with the reporting credit bureau for any items that are definitely not yours or that you even suspect are not yours.  The credit bureau has to investigate and either verify or delet the error.  1