Question

terricar05

Bogus Hard Credit Inquiry
A hard credit inquiry was added to my account that i did not initiate. Lender: LWARD INC regarding Home Furnishings. My score went down 11 points because of someone using my name. What do I do?

Most Helpful Response

Write a letter to the Credit bureau(s) reporting the items and explain what is going on: It should be removed from your credit file. I would also contact LWARD and find out who authorized such a transaction.....

You can go to the CRA's website

Each of the 3 Credit Reporting Agencies have a website. There you can file a dispute on line.  They will investigate it genereally its removed within 30 days if they can't verify it.