Question

armeg

BofA cancelled my card when husband died. They would not renew it so I did not pay. Not my fault
There were no unpaid balances on the card ever! I kept using it until they found out that my husband had passed. Without telling me, they cancelled the card. When I asked why they said I had no right to use it as he was the primary card holder. I asked if I could keep the card if I paid the amount currently due and they said no. So I didn't pay. Same situation with Chase but they gave me a card in my own name and, of course, I paid. I hardly ever carry a balance nor did my husband.

Sorry about your husband's passing, but his "estate" has to pay the bill, and it must be paid, especially since you used it.  You were apparently not an authorized user, so could not continue to use that card.  Notifying all creditors was the executor's responsibility after your husband died.  That BoA did not renew the card does not absolve payment of the account balance which you created. Please pay it as quickly as possible.