Question

OhMyWhatIHaveIDone

BOA & Calvary - Questions
This will be the first of many questions I ask this group. First, thanks for reading. I have spent the last month reading here and have learned a ton. So, my questions is this: I owe BOA $850. However, Calvary which was collecting for BOA said I owed a different amount. I disputed the amount that Calvary said I owed. This debt is 5Y 10M old. So, it will fall off soon. However, I wanted to pay, but I only wanted to pay the correct amount. Calvary has since deleted their entry from all 3 CB's. I don't want to stiff BOA, as one day I will need them. Also, somehow BOA has deleted from all 3 CB's as well. So, what am I to do? I want to call BOA and pay directly but don't want this to show up on my report. How should I handle this?

Let it go. First, BOA most likely will not accept payment on the old account as they have sold it to a collection agency probably a long time ago. I understand that you want to do the right thing and pay this debt, but the best thing for you to do would be to forget about it especially if the negative accounts have been removed from your reports. Hopefully, they will stay removed, but if they would happen to pop back up you can try to deal with it then if you really wanted to, but I would tell you to wait it out as the seven year mark will be here before you know it. (fyi, you can get negatives removed slightly prior to the seven year mark with an EARLY EXCLUSION request).

johnnybinsea

Trying TooUnderstan if VERY correct.  You will hurt your score a lot if they were to put this back on your report.  At this point I would say that even if you were to pay it back it is very unlikely that credit from BOA is going to happen and if it does it will take a very long time.  There are many banks and credit unions out there so there is no need to feel tied to them.