Question

damolitoy

BOA 99/500 credit card graduation? Annual fee?
Hey guys, so my 10th statement of the BOA 99/500 CC was two days ago and today:
- they increased my CL to $1,000
- they refunded my $99 deposit on my saving.

So that's good news, but I'm not sure about the AF? When I click on "details" on the BOA website, the $39 AF is still there.

What should I do? Should I call BOA?

Thanks!

Sounds like annual fee.

The$39 sounds like an annual fee so you can continue to have the credit card, and if you check the listing under credit cards, many banks do have an annual fee for a credit card.

Since it sounds like you have had a "secured " credit card, used it wisely, and now have a regular card.  Your careful use of that secured card qualified you for more credit, which you will want to continue using wisely.

You just might want to hang on to this card for a while since it will increase your credit history, which many lenders value.  At a later date, you may qualify for another credit card that doesn't have an annual fee, but I would suggest hanging on to the BOA card for a while so you will have more available credit, and that looks good on your credit score.

It's a crazy game, but one we have to play these days.  Back when I was a teen, only the very rich had credit cards.  Now, it seems like everyone HAS to have one or they can't get anywhere.

Congratulations on qualifying for more credit!  Keep up the good payment record.