Question

aleger23

Big difference between Credit Karma score vs actual scores
I am amazed at the huge difference in information given on this site compared to other credit site (Experian, Transunion, Credit report etc) Today CK said my scores were 606 and 604 - I know, very low but I am working on it. I wanted to be sure my credit was correct so I paid for a 3 credit report and scores for all 3 bureaus. My scores were over 20 points off. CK states 606 and 604 but in reality it is 637 and 628. That to me is a huge difference. Why is the information not correct or at least closer to the right number?

Good Question

I agree, I get this is a free site and the numbers are exact, but that is a huge difference in scores when it comes to credit. 

Affects all of us

Because they tell you upfront this is an "educational score", meaning only use CK to educate yourself about credit and to lightly monitor what is going on. Everyone's scores are higher then what CK shows, which is why what you did is exactly what folks should do in addition to using this site.