Question

Posted in Taxes

ConernedTaxPayer

Beware of Credit Karma Tax. It does not protect personal information.
Beware of Credit Karma Tax for these reasons. Per the IRS, CK is required to store your tax info for a certain number of years if you file your taxes with them. However, if you don't file Per the IRS they are required to actually delete your info. I started to fill out a tax return but decided not to and had already put my personal information such as my SSN number into the Tax system. I contacted CK but they gave me the usual runaround and told me that I can only remove my Tax info from the system if I delete my CK account altogether. If someone can get into my account they have access to my tax info and can file a tax return in my name or even steal my identity. CK does nothing to protect this. Therefore, for those reasons. I would caution you to careful.

Most Helpful Response

Email them - they will delete

I contacted them via the help/customer service link.  They quickly emailed me, deleted my started tax return.  I agree it's a pain that you can't just delete it yourself but they were very quick and helpful.  I was glad I didn't have to delete my entire account.

How does CreditKarma respond to this? I'm also concerned about deletion of my account.

delete

I would like to know or have the option to delete mine as well as I ended up using my CPA.

"deletion of my tax information" I should have said.