Question

jwright343

Bettering chance of CC approval via new checking acct. ?!?!?
Will opening a checking account at a prospectful CC better my chances at getting a CC ? Specifically BOA, or Chase. I have a BK, 10 years next October. Scores around 730 at the moment. I currently have 2 CapOne cards and a Discover card. I want one more prime. Preferably BOA or Chase. I don't remember which one of the two, but I recall one them asks when you apply if you already 'have an account with us'. Any thoughts. Thank you.

No need to open an account

Opening a bank account with the bank you want a credit card from will not help in your approval. If you have a 730, no late payments, and no collections, then you should have no problem getting approved, unless you have applied for previous credit cards or other loans in the last year. The more 'hard inquiries' you have, the more it hurts your chance of getting another credit card or loan.

Hard inquiries show up on your report only after you apply for credit or a loan and you gave permission for that bank to check your credit. They will stay on your report for 24 months, but only affect your credit score for 12 months.