Question

india3430

Better Option: Refinancing/Reducing RoI
I got my Auto loan Interest Rate reduced recently to 1.99% but I still pay the same monthly installment of $369. The credit union said that the monthly installment would decrease only if you refinance your loan. But refinancing would have deleted my only loan history which in turn would have affected my credit score and history. I came to US a year ago and I am trying to build my credit history. Considering the whole scenario I want to know if I did the right thing or I should have refinanced the loan which would have reduced my monthly installment to $291?

Most Helpful Response

With the lower interest rate, you should have that car paid in full in very short order.  Getting this paid will show an excellent payment record, which is very good for your credit score.  Paying the lowest rate of interest possible is always the smartest idea.  You made a good choice.