Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Credit Report
Profile Image

Question By

12 Contributions
0 People Helped
Best Way to Proceed With Removing a Judgement
Trying to help my daughter with an eviction jugement so she can get an apartment. She was going to pay the judgement, but the company that originally managed the property no longer manages it. They do not have any record of the judgement. They gave her the phone numbers to the 2 collection agencies they would have reported to but they don't have her on file as owing them.

The new management company is in no way affiliated, the property has been resold.
The court won't remove the judgement without a release from the management company and no one will take her payment or write a letter stating she does not owe them.

How should we go about getting this taken care of? I feel we may only have 1 shot so want to make sure we address this correctly.

Thanks in advance!

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.