Question

AnaWP

Best way to pay on credit card to build credit?
My credit score is at 670.
I use my walmart credit card monthly to buy gas only & I then pay off what I spent in full not even a week after it shows up. Am I hurting myself? Is it better to wait till my due date and then pay in full instead of always paying early?

Paying often lessens the chance that you would be late which is a definate credit killer.   My recommendation is that you let your balance reflect about 9% of your credit line to appear on the monthly statement.   Some utilization is good, under 10% is definately good.  It shows use and proper management.   If you would end up spending for the full month under 10%, then a monthly payment before the due date is good.  They are slow to post/credit payments, so several days early is good, although they will reflect the proper credit date.    If your total would be 30% at the end of the month then definately make multiple payments so that it stays about about 10%    With proper usage and payment, Walmart is quick to give you two bumps in your line of credit fairly early.   Usually within 90 days.

That  is exactly what you should do.  If you have only one credit card, you are not building your credit score as I discovered by reading the articles here and acting on what I learned. I now have several credit cards, though most are seldom used, an excellent usage rate and my credit score is very good.  Please take advantage of this learning opportunity so your score can build.0

Regardless of what I do with my card, I always make sure that my balance is around 7-10% a few days before the statement date. That way the CC company reports a low balance and then I pay that off the next day indicating that I paid on time.  Then I go back to "normal" use where I charge my card as needed.

I use my card for convenience purposes and like you, I make frequent payments. I just have to be careful not to have a $0 balance on my statement date.