Question

Marilla2790

Best way to pay off deliquent/closed credit cards?
I have 4 store credit cards and 1 credit card from capital one, that I had stopped making payments on. They are all listed as either being a write-off or canceled by grantor. I really want to get my credit score back to where it was but I am not sure how to pay these off or if I should? They are not listed in collections so I am not sure how to proceed.

If you can afford to pay them in full, then yes get them paid before they go to collections. Be careful about entering into any payment agreements, it is best to pay in one lump sum. Do some reading about: "pay for delete agreements" (which usually won't work with credit card companies but can work with debt collectors sometimes). In your case, you would want to get them to agree to not turn it over to collections or to pull it back from collections in exchange for your payment.