Question

BigDonut24

Best way to increase a student's credit score?
Hi,
I have one collection reported from MedExpress for $138 that went into collections, and one active credit card with $500 credit limit and I keep avg 50% balance on it.
I also have another credit card with $800 balance on $800 credit limit, which has been closed by the issuer due to non-payment.
I realize I have not been very smart about keeping my credit score good, but I want to take healthy steps now.
Can you recommend what I should do to get a 700+ credit score in next 2 years?
I have access to friends who can make me authorized user on their card, and I can also pay my balances right away due to better financial condition now.

But, I want to know what strategy will get to a good credit score?

Thanks for your time!

I advise taking the time to learn how credit really works and how to build a good credit score, and reading the articles here is the way to get started.  They helped me a lot.  Also, keep your usage on all credit accounts at or below 10% and pay in full every month. Once you learn **[w to play the credit game (and that IS what it is) and play it wisely, your score will go up.