Question

forenspsychostudent

Best way to handle suspect collections claims?
So when I was younger I went through several health issues and my parents footed the bill. Now that I am an independent young adult, I pulled my credit score and noticed two medical bill collections claims. Both claims are from the same medical institution and are a minor amount (together total to less than $250). I'm really not sure these are valid as my parents are very financially stable and have never had debt in their life. The collections account lists my personal address, but I have never received any notices.
What would be the fastest way to remove them from my credit report- just pay it off no questions asked, or file a claim? Im totally fine shelling out the $250 if that's the faster way to improve my score, but id like to know what to expect ahead of time.

If you were covered under your parents' insurance, then dispute the debt on that basis.  AND, if you were a minor under 18, you are not liable for that debt.