Question

AADeo

Best time to wait for getting a balance transfer credit card (given my situation)-Citi card
Hi,
I am waiting to apply for a balance transfer credit card. Currently my CK score is 670, utilization is 50%, and have 5 accounts that have balances. One of my balance transfer offer is about to expire, but I am not planning to get a new card now, as I may not get approved for it. Last year I had multiple enquiries (not just applying for new accounts, but due to CLIs).
As of today, my last hard enquiries were March 2013 (TU), February 2013 (EQ), and February 2013 (EXP). Impeccable payment history (no late payments ever), no derogatory marks, newest account opened October 2012, oldest account opened in December 2006 (Avg age of accounts 2.6 years).
I am aiming for Citi's simplicity/Diamond or something like that. May I know how long should I wait? I am thinking towards the end of December 2013, but need advice. I have heard that Citi is notorious if you have enqiries recently as I was turned down in April 2012 by them (due to 4 hard enquiries that time). Any advice regarding how long is wise to wait?
Thanks in advance.

mr. robert fischer

balance transfers offers are snares. they are cash advances and are charged at predatory rates like 23.99%. please avoid these gimmicks. credit card companies want to eat you alive.