Question

Posted in Saving Money

QuetaKCMO

best savings account

Ally

Ally bank has one of the highest if not the highest savings account interest rates as well as a variety of CD  options with excellent rates. I have a Roth IRA savings with them and have auto investment set up. It's all online so they don't have BS fees like a lot of banks

Aloha Friends, I second that thought.

Aloha Friends, I second that thought. A credit union is often a much better and competitive place. I've been a CU member for almost 20 years and for a little while I was even a member of their committee, and it surprised me how much better their car loan, savings, checking, etc. etc. was compared to my local commercial banks. The credit unions are concerned with taking care of their members, as opposed to a commercial bank which is concerned with making a profit. Last tip I'll leave here is that a credit union staff or manager is more accessible than a banks, if you have unique issues, you can sit down with your credit union staff or manager and talk one on one to get their advice or even help. I've never chatted with my regular commercial banks managers, but I chat with my credit union manager all the time and we're on a first name basis.

So this is just my humble 2 cents, and of course your mileage may vary. 

Take care and good luck!

Ally bank has a great savings account

I will try your local credit union sometimes they offer better rates than the big banks.

Barclays

Barclays has an online savings, an online Dream Account both with 1.30%APY and various CD rates starting at 0.35 to 2.35%APY, among highest in the nation. Visit barclaysus.com to get details, no minimum balances nor fees. Dream account limited to $1000 a month.