Question

Sunny02016

Best credit card for rebuilding?
My credit score is about 640. I am trying to rebuild my credit after ex husband killed it. I just applied for a capital one-as it was recommended via credit karma that I would have a good chance. I was denied. I don't want to keep putting inquiries on my credit. I just need something to rebuild my credit. What's killing it is delinquencies from the ex that also had my name on them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Which CapOne did you applied for? Platinum = easier, Venture = much harder. Try to use banks pre-qual page whenever it's possible, but give Discover and Bank of America's pre-qual any consideration, you can put in your pet's name and SSN of 1234 into Discover and see what happens.

-

It might not be the "best" but it's "safer" by going with a secured card.