Question

Remadee

Best credit card for paying monthly bills and mortgage
Credit card with cash rewards for paying monthly bills

Most Helpful Response

Asking what's best credit card would be equivalent of asking what's best ice cream, You would get 31 different answers.

Honestly? Don't. As in, don't use a credit card to pay your bills. You never want to go over 10% credit utilization, otherwise your score drops. Your monthly mortgage payment alone would likely take a massive chunk out of your available credit, which you really don't want. 
--

If it's a question of convenience, most banks and credit unions have Auto-Pay setups on their websites... use those. 

--

If it's a question of just using credit to build up your financial health (and credit limit), then use the card to buy gas for your car, occasional groceries, stuff like that... and be sure to religiously pay down the balance to zero (or as close to zero as you can) each month.

CC companies pay you to use your CC !!

It depends on how good your credit score is. And how much you have in your savings account. For instance. I pay everything with my credit cards. BUT at the end of the month I pay the WHOLE entire balance off. This way I get all the points but do not pay any intreset. Basically the credit card company is now paying me to use my credit card. I only do this because my savings account can take the hit every month. If your savings can not pay off your total bills for the month than DO NOT use your credit card to pay of your bills. But if it can. I would recommand the AMEX Blue cash rewards card.  No fees just cash back.  Or if you like using Amazon to purchase everything you need than get the Chase Amazon Visa. No fees. And its a pretty dark blue card with a yellow perimeter (never seen that before). And you get 5% back on all Amazon purchases. Good luck. Be smart.