Question

eileenyu

Best Buy Credit Card switched banks and now my score went down! Help! How do I resolve this issue?
How do I make a note in my credit score that I did not close any credit card accounts? Best Buy's CC was formerly under HSBC and now it's under Citibank. I'm so upset that this happened.

Most Helpful Response

Update

I gave Best Buy a call to ask them what's up and it looks like they're aware of the problem and Citibank is in the process of correcting the issue. Not sure how long this is going to take but seems like the companies are on the case and plan to have it resolve soon. The representative just referred me to an Equifax number to see if I can take this up with them... ugh!

RyanMc21

hey, did you ever hear anything different or get it resolved?

thanks

I wish I knew the answer to this. I've seen several people post about the same thing. Try googling the issue. There's likely something about it on myfico.com

I just talked with Citi/Best buy and they said it's not their problem......

Update

Nothing has changed over several months. No one has been able to help. :(

Update

No one has been able to help. Nothing has changed. :(

Update?

Update?>