Question

Purturbed2010

Being served by a unknown company for Heloc years latter is this legit
Due to medical crisis I lost my home in Foreclosure. The home sold with in 3 months there was a Heloc on the home.The Heloc was written off.Today I was "served" for The Heloc . What to do.I am disabled there is nothing it states I can't do anything with the propert in question. The property in question was sold 2010/2011.

Most Helpful Response

A Heloc loan is akin to a second mortgage.  The second lien holder is the first loser when a short sale or foreclosure occurs. They're just trying to get their money. Tell them you no longer have the property, and not to contact you again. Disability and social security cannot be garnished by them, even though they may threaten you.  Only Federal agencies can garnish disability if overpayment occurred or for non payment of a Federal student loan or federal liens. The charged off loan loan may be on, and stay on,  your credit report for 7 years.