Question

anniemathis

behind on credit card.
I recently got behind on a credit card and now have a terrible credit score, which I am trying to correct before I get too behind that I can't catch up... cause before this I was planning on buying a house and now that is not an option.

I am trying to fix my credit bc I had great credit and now it is very poor will it return to original score if I pay it off?
What steps should I take to correct it

It will take years to fix because late payments stay on your report for 7 years. However, the more good history (no late payments) that appears on your report the less the late payments seem to matter. But, the late payment will remain so the only way to return to a perfect credit rating is for the 7 years to run its course.